Terms and Conditions
Affiliate Disclosure Statement
TycoCollectors.com is dedicated to fostering the hobby of collecting R/C models produced by Taiyo and Tyco, and also those sold under the brands Metro, Dickie, and others from the 1970s to 2000s. Our goal is to create an enjoyable space for sharing nostalgia with individuals worldwide. We focus on kindness and mutual respect, keeping politics and egos aside. As the saying goes, we should all strive to be excellent to each other.
Our site serves as an information repository related to toys manufactured by Taiyo (Japan), Tyco (USA), and their distributors globally, including Metro RC, Dickie Toys, and more. We also extend our interest to Tyco Toys in general, including Tyco HO slot cars, slot car sets, and general toys.
While we strive for accuracy, the information we provide comes without any guarantees or warranties. We recommend conducting your own due diligence if you plan to use any information found here.
We do not support the act of buying/selling/collecting toys solely for profit. This has led to prices being out of reach for even the most fanatical of collector due to people purely seeking to make a buck.
We believe toys should bring joy to everyone and be as accessible as possible. Any reference to toy values or collecting is purely subjective, and should not be seen as financial advice, a recommendation to buy for financial purposes, or anything more than being enjoyed simply as a piece of nostalgia.
We welcome everyone to contribute, suggest corrections, and voice their opinions respectfully, regardless of their culture, country, beliefs, gender, or identity.
This is a collective effort to compile knowledge about these toys before it potentially fades away. By submitting content, you agree that it becomes part of this website and our database. We may update, modify, or remove data to provide the most accurate and accessible information source available.
We maintain the right to remove any members, comments, content, or behavior that disrupts the harmony of the community or offends intentionally. An explanation referring to our guidelines, policies, and mission statement will always be provided.
Last updated: June 24, 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Taiyo Collectors Database.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Victoria, Australia
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Taiyo Collectors Database, accessible from taiyocollectors.com and tycocollectors.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Your Username or Facebook ID if you choose to login that way
Requesting deletion of Personal Data
If you wish to have your personal data deleted and your account removed at any time, please email email@example.com, and it will be deleted within 48 hours.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows you to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons: Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. You can learn more about cookies on TermsFeed website article. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: https://tycocollectors.com/contact/
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of our website, Taiyo Collectors accessible at https://tycocollectors.com. These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions have been generated with the help of the Terms And Conditions Generator. Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this Website.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “The Database” shall mean the collection of material (text, audio, video, photo) which has been compiled from publicly available information sources, contributions from.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, Taiyo Collectors and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website. You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any other media;
- selling, sub-licensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being access by you and Taiyo Collectors may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By submitting Your Content, you grant Taiyo Collectors a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media. Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Taiyo Collectors reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Submissions” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to submit to this website, to become part of the database. By submitting any information or content, you grant Taiyo Collectors a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media without compensation.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Taiyo Collectors express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Taiyo Collectors, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Taiyo Collectors, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Taiyo Collectors from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Taiyo Collectors is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Taiyo Collectors is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Taiyo Collectors and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of au, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in au for the resolution of any disputes.
Affiliate Disclosure Statement
Affiliate Disclosure Policy
TycoCollectors.com participates in various affiliate programs, including but not limited to the eBay Partner Network, Amazon Associates Program, and AliExpress Affiliate Program. These affiliate programs are designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by promoting and linking to products on their respective platforms.
As an affiliate, TycoCollectors.com earns a commission for every qualifying purchase made through the affiliate links on this website. The commission earned helps support the ongoing maintenance and operation of this website.
Please note that we only promote products and services that we have personally used, believe in, and would recommend to our readers. We are not paid or incentivized to promote any specific products or services.
If you click on an affiliate link on TycoCollectors.com and make a purchase, we may receive a commission from the respective affiliate program. However, you will not be charged any extra fees for purchasing through an affiliate link.
We value the trust of our readers and aim to be transparent in our business practices. If you have any questions regarding our affiliate partnerships or our disclosure policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for supporting TycoCollectors.com by using our affiliate links to make purchases. We appreciate your support!