This Taiyo RadiBook AE86 Trueno was released in 2002 in a very limited run.
The RadiBook series was a premium version of the RadiCan miniature radio control cars which came in a traditional box (‘book’) style packaging, offering extensive feature improvements beyond the regular RadiCan products, including:
- Digital Proportional Steering and Acceleration (finally Taiyo!)
- Race up to 6 cars at once due to multiple split frequencies
- Working Headlights and Tail lights
- Working suspension
- Upgrade parts offered (or perhaps just upgraded, my Japanese isn’t very good!)
- Increased Power with 4xAAA Batteries
- 1/22 scale
The RadiCan products have massive collectability and following, especially in Japan, with hundreds of models, however these RadiBooks appear to be very rare, with only a few models available.
I’m not sure how that affects their collectability, but if you know more about the Taiyo AE86, or collect the RadiBook series yourself, we’d love to hear from you!