The Spy-Tech Intruder Alert was a simple sensor alarm for kids to role play as a spy, manufactured by Tyco Toys and released on the global market in 1990.
The Intruder Alert seems to detect light, and if anything blocks or interrupts the light streaming into the sensor, an alarm will go off. Sold separately it’s not much, but when combined with other Tyco Spy-Tech kits, made you feel like a super spy!
From the 1990 Tyco Catalog…
No spy will ever be caught by surprise if he uses the SPY-TECH Intruder Alert. The telescopic lens is attached and the Intruder Alert is turned on. Once it “reads’ the amount of light in a given space, anything or anyone that changes the light will set off the alarm. Can be used in closets, desk drawers or lunch boxes to protect valuables. Aimed out the spy’s window it even senses moving cars or opening across the street. Includes special SPY-TECH Training Manual.
- The ultimate warning system
- Never be caught off guard
- Protects secret valuables
- With this device, a spy can set up a perimeter around their safe house
- Senses any motion or opening near the spy’s window
- Can even detect moving cars or doors opening across the street
Requires 1 x 9 volt battery, not included.