The Taiyo Suzuki Vitara is the global version of the original Japanese Suzuki Sound Spark, a radio controlled vehicle with various built-in sound effects.
We have included photos of both non-Japanese versions of the Vitara on this page:
1. White Box version marked for Asashi Gmbh (Germany), Made in Singapore.
2. Black Box version with unclear markings, Made in Singapore, and with additional decals on the car, and more colorful Taiyo logo.
- All Vitara versions, both original Japanese and later ‘Global’ release carry the same model number 9028.
- The core feature of the Sound Spark is it’s built-in sound effects, the same as modern WPL RC cars.
- The same chassis is used for the Jet Bandit, and a modified version is used a few years later for the Tyco Python and Fire Power.
Do you know more about the Vitara global version, and what the White and Black packaging relates to? Are they for different regions, or is the black version simply an updated design? We’d love to know, please comment below!
Checkout the YouTube video below to hear the sounds it makes. Note that the car in this video has been upgraded to a Brushless motor, the original isn’t quite so fast!