browse vehicles medium
Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnBuy Me A Coffee Small

Tyco Taiyo Collectors is a resource for enthusiasts of 80s, 90s, and 00s toys produced by Tyco®, Taiyo (Japan), Metro RC, Dickie Toys, and others, and is not affiliated with any toy company.

Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnJoin our new facebook group tyco collectors

BUYING

Deal Finder Graphic Promo Buy Tyco RC Taiyo RC Cars

Share on Social

Members

Visit Forum

Tyco Internet Forum

Latest Reviews

• Tyco Turbo Vettes (sometimes spelt TurboVettes) is an electric racing slot car set featuring the on the Chevrolet Corvette C4,…
  • The Dino-Riders Protoceratops with Kanon is a 1/24 scale dinosaur action figure set manufactured by Tyco Toys and released worldwide…
  • The Tyco Daredevil Jump with Nite-Glow was a slot car racing set manufactured by Tyco Toys, and released in the…
  • The Tyco Typhoon is a radio controlled hovercraft manufactured by Taiyo of Japan, and released into the US market, and…
  • My Pretty Ballerina ™ was an interactive doll produced by Tyco Toys, and released onto the US, UK, and other…

Latest Articles

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

TYCO / TAIYO / Metro RC 6.0V battery and charge

Hi guys

I finally got my hands on a Metro RC Reactor RC car. I owned this as a kid and have been searching for it ever since on the internet without any luck, so much so that i couldn't even find a picture of it (it also doesn't appear on this website). I randomly found one on Marketplace the other day and snapped it up quick smart, ending a 3 year search!!

But it has no battery and id love to be able to play with this with my kids. Does any of have a Battery and Charger for sale for a reasonable price that works? it takes the standard 6.0V cassette(?) battery.

Thanks

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Oh wow. Can you post a photo of this? I can't recall what the Reactor looks like (I'm also Australian and own a few Metro RCs).

This question comes up alot re: 6V and there are some solutions, so I'm going to write an article on this right now to cover it off.  I'll post the link back here once I'm done!

Glennl24 has reacted to this post.
Glennl24

I've added an upload file. Hopefully it works. I also have the box too althought not in great condition. I can't even google search this particular RC car. Nothing shows up on Google

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Admin

Oh my gosh! That is not like any Metro I've seen! I don't think it's a Taiyo manufactured, it must be another company Metro worked with, I believe they worked with several. Very cool!!  I will need to collect as much information as I can on it, and make a page for it to document that it exists.

If you have photos of the box, even if its in poor condition, please post so that it can be documented and details collected. It may be one of very few (or none) still around today. Also if there are any markings like model number, country of manufacture (assume China), the box especially will be interesting.

Thank you for the post!

Ill create a new topic in General discussion for this and post all photos etc...

Admin