browse vehicles medium
Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnBuy Me A Coffee Small

Tyco Taiyo Collectors is a resource for enthusiasts of 80s, 90s, and 00s toys produced by Tyco®, Taiyo (Japan), Metro RC, Dickie Toys, and others, and is not affiliated with any toy company.

Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnJoin our new facebook group tyco collectors

BUYING

Deal Finder Graphic Promo Buy Tyco RC Taiyo RC Cars

Share on Social

Members

Visit Forum

Tyco Internet Forum

Latest Reviews

• Tyco Turbo Vettes (sometimes spelt TurboVettes) is an electric racing slot car set featuring the on the Chevrolet Corvette C4,…
  • The Dino-Riders Protoceratops with Kanon is a 1/24 scale dinosaur action figure set manufactured by Tyco Toys and released worldwide…
  • The Tyco Daredevil Jump with Nite-Glow was a slot car racing set manufactured by Tyco Toys, and released in the…
  • The Tyco Typhoon is a radio controlled hovercraft manufactured by Taiyo of Japan, and released into the US market, and…
  • My Pretty Ballerina ™ was an interactive doll produced by Tyco Toys, and released onto the US, UK, and other…

Latest Articles

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Tyco Information

Found this out just recently and thought I would pass it along just incase some one doesnt already know!

When Tyco was purchased by Mattel on March 27, 1997, it was the third-largest toy company in the United States. The brand survived into the 2000s and beyond as the Mattel "Tyco R/C" division, while much of the Sesame Street line, Magna Doodle, and the View-Master were transferred to the Fisher-Price division. On February 23, 2019, Terry Flynn announced that Tyco was now a registered trademark of his Harden Creek Slot Cars, LLC. 

I find this kinda disturbing as Terry Flynn and his slot cars are more for the professional and not the general hobbiest/toy lovers like us! Also wonder if that includes the RC line of Tyco also! I would say is does if he has the Tyco registered trademark !Just wondering your thoughts on this!

Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Thanks for the post! Yes so this is partially true. So my understanding is that he only purchased the trademark in respect of Tyco's HO slot car designs such as the Magnum 440-X2 which he references occasionally on his site and sales, but not R/C cars, as you won't see him use the Tyco logo, or reference RC cars or designs anywhere. Actually Mattel occasionally still uses the Tyco brand (I think last time was around 2017), so it's still with Mattel for now 🙂