browse vehicles medium
Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnBuy Me A Coffee Small

Tyco Taiyo Collectors is a resource for enthusiasts of 80s, 90s, and 00s toys produced by Tyco®, Taiyo (Japan), Metro RC, Dickie Toys, and others, and is not affiliated with any toy company.

Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnJoin our new facebook group tyco collectors

BUYING

Deal Finder Graphic Promo Buy Tyco RC Taiyo RC Cars

Share on Social

Members

Visit Forum

Tyco Internet Forum

Latest Reviews

• Tyco Turbo Vettes (sometimes spelt TurboVettes) is an electric racing slot car set featuring the on the Chevrolet Corvette C4,…
  • The Dino-Riders Protoceratops with Kanon is a 1/24 scale dinosaur action figure set manufactured by Tyco Toys and released worldwide…
  • The Tyco Daredevil Jump with Nite-Glow was a slot car racing set manufactured by Tyco Toys, and released in the…
  • The Tyco Typhoon is a radio controlled hovercraft manufactured by Taiyo of Japan, and released into the US market, and…
  • My Pretty Ballerina ™ was an interactive doll produced by Tyco Toys, and released onto the US, UK, and other…

Latest Articles

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My two new Taiyos

Just got two new Taiyos. One is a Taiyo Jet Racer which is the Japanese market version of the 9.6V Tyco Super Hopper 4WD. The other is a Taiyo Blaster 9.6V Turbo. These are mid 80s models and pre battery pack era so they run on 8AA batteries.

I'll post more detailed photos if anyone is interested to see. I was lucky to get these two Japanese market models for a ridiculously cheap price. No controllers came with them but I have Tyco controllers that work perfectly fine with both of them.

The jet racer (super hopper) is missing a smily face head lamp unfortunately but I think I sourced a replacement so no problem. Also part of the rear arch guard is missing but they are just screw on so can easily be replaced. I am going to make a replacement myself with some carefully trimmed plastic as its a very basic piece. These cars can both run on 8x 1.5V AA making these cars run 12V. Haven't tried this out yet, just ran them on 8 1.2v Nicads (9.6v). I may attempt to wire in a Tamiya style connection to run both cars on a 9.6V battery pack doing away with the 8 AA batteries altogether. May need to mod the battery compartment abit to sit a battery pack in there properly.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Old Skool 9.6V battery compartment.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Admin

I love seeing all these old Tyco/Taiyo RC cars!

Admin

Very nice Tomaso!! Apologies I didn't see your post earlier, been so busy making 3D printed replacement parts for my Hoppers and Bandits.

The Jet Racer 4WD is one of my all time favorites. It's mind blowing that this thing was released in a toy store, though I'm sure many hobby stores must have carried it too.  The green antenna flag is curious, it looks alot like the markings I found on the Taiyo Japan Competition models - you can see a similar color flag on a controller on this page. Interesting.... Taiyo Limited Edition Colored Tire Competition Cars - Tyco Collectors

I also buy a lot from Japanese auction sites, and the best part is they're often in very good condition, much better than the average car I'll buy from eBay.

Do you mind if I post your photos to my new gallery of Taiyo / Tyco RC collections? I'm hoping to make a page chock full of collectors gear from around the world. Also let me know what country you're from, if you can. Thanks!