browse vehicles medium
Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnBuy Me A Coffee Small

Tyco Taiyo Collectors is a resource for enthusiasts of 80s, 90s, and 00s toys produced by Tyco®, Taiyo (Japan), Metro RC, Dickie Toys, and others, and is not affiliated with any toy company.

Buy Me A Coffee Small TrnJoin our new facebook group tyco collectors

BUYING

Deal Finder Graphic Promo Buy Tyco RC Taiyo RC Cars

Share on Social

Members

Visit Forum

Tyco Internet Forum

Latest Reviews

• Tyco Turbo Vettes (sometimes spelt TurboVettes) is an electric racing slot car set featuring the on the Chevrolet Corvette C4,…
  • The Dino-Riders Protoceratops with Kanon is a 1/24 scale dinosaur action figure set manufactured by Tyco Toys and released worldwide…
  • The Tyco Daredevil Jump with Nite-Glow was a slot car racing set manufactured by Tyco Toys, and released in the…
  • The Tyco Typhoon is a radio controlled hovercraft manufactured by Taiyo of Japan, and released into the US market, and…
  • My Pretty Ballerina ™ was an interactive doll produced by Tyco Toys, and released onto the US, UK, and other…

Latest Articles

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Introduce yourself! Tell us your favorite model or what you'd like to own!

Page 1 of 2Next

Note from Admin: Everyone is welcome here, and I want you all to feel at home, and to be yourselves. We have members from the USA, UK, Thailand, India, Japan, Germany, Spain and probably others - please introduce yourselves! If you've come from another site, you're welcome too. The only rule is to be kind to each other, and to remember this is a place to relax and have fun. No models in your collection  yet? That's okay, we'd love to hear what you'd like to get most!

------

Hello everyone.

I'm OzzyMuppet, and I'm from Australia. I collect both Taiyo and Tyco models, with my favorite being...  probably the Taiyo Racing Pickup 4WD!

The last one I purchased was probably... this Limited Edition Taiyo Jet Racer 4WD (attached photo).

I hope you all enjoy the site, and if you have any advice, or something you'd like to see more/less of, let me know! 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
diavasi484 has reacted to this post.
diavasi484

Hello?  Is this thing on?..........Just kidding!

My name is Chris Cazan, USA, CNC Machinist, hobbiest, modeler, tinkerer and designer starting about 50 years ago:  Tyco, 1st one Head's Up so about 1990-ish.  Owner, designer and machinist of Rogue Element Components, been doing Ltd. Edition custom RC bits for all kinds of stuff since 2003.  I get back into my Tycos once in a while, and am in another 'Acquisition' phase now.  Have many that are in great shape but no box, controller or manual (Or all 3,) but all I care about is the car- I don't sell 'em so.....

Just scored a Taiyo Ryotsu Bicycle, 100%, NIB, for $47 shipped (I NEVER win like that.)  Will be answering a few Q's about that on its page soon.

My collection doesn't TOUCH some of you guys but I'm OK with that (Sorta, Grrr..)  😀   It's all about Fun, Right?  Chris  REC

Uploaded files:
Admin and deltadetrix have reacted to this post.
Admindeltadetrix

YES!! the Taiyo Ryotsu Bicycle!! haha I love it! I'm looking for something similar myself. The expression on his face is priceless 🙂

Hello Yall

Hello I'm new here, My name is Tim, I'm a college Instructor of Electrical Engineering and Technical study's, with a degree in Industrial Maintenance, and four certificate's! I was born in 1978 and raised in the Great 80's! I have been on this sight several times just looking around and decided to join! I have found this to be one of the greatest sites on the web, love the info here and all the great stuff! I have several RC Cars all Toy Grade ( as I think Hobby grade is a waste of money and no fun in it) Most of my RC's are Radio Shack Branded but I believe they were made by Taiyo and/or Nikko back then! I do have a few Nikkos and will get pictures later! I am also into the slot cars of the HO scale “AKA” 1/64th and I love Tyco tracks and cars as it is what I had back in the 80's I wish Mattel would bring back TYCO! Or something to the same quality! Well I'm glad to be here and I love any thing 80's

Peace

Tim

Uploaded files:
Admin has reacted to this post.
Admin

Hello guys,

My name is Gurpreet, I'm from Mumbai, India. I have a Taiyo Jet Blaster that I'm trying to resurrect. I run a machine shop here in Mumbai where we manufacture precision machined components for various industries. Born in 1984 so had my fair share of cool toys.

Uploaded files:
Tim1978 has reacted to this post.
Tim1978
Quote from Tim1978 on July 30, 2023, 2:13 pm

Hello I'm new here, My name is Tim, I'm a college Instructor of Electrical Engineering and Technical study's, with a degree in Industrial Maintenance, and four certificate's! I was born in 1978 and raised in the Great 80's!

Hello Tim and welcome to the site! It's so great to hear that people around the world enjoy it, makes the effort worthwhile 🙂 It's important for me that people feel at home here, welcome to suggest and contribute however they like. Take care, and thanks for the intro.

Quote from intelindahouse on July 30, 2023, 4:09 pm

Hello guys,

My name is Gurpreet, I'm from Mumbai, India. I have a Taiyo Jet Blaster that I'm trying to resurrect. I run a machine shop here in Mumbai where we manufacture precision machined components for various industries. Born in 1984 so had my fair share of cool toys.

Welcome Gurpreet!! Fantastic to hear there's an audience in India, I didn't know they sold Taiyo there, so that's good information for me, thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the site, and I wish you well on your mission to resurrect the Jet Blaster 🙂 I also love the Nintendo game watches, keep them safe, they'll  surely be worth a bit to collectors. Take care mate.

-Simon / Admin / OzzyMuppet in Melbourne, Australia

1. Hi,

My name is Rich, I've been collecting Tyco slot cars since the late 80's. I have acquired quite a few sets over the years, my favorite being the US1 trucking sets and accessories. I'm trying to find some more information about the Tyco road and rail sets. I recently picked one up and I can't find a whole lot about it. The set is complete and just trying to learn a bit more about it.

Uploaded files:
Admin

Hey Rich!

Oh wow. I'm still learning about slot cars myself, but I know Road & Rail is very rare. A brand new unopened and different year just sold on eBay for $1500USD here: https://ebay.us/XjVTLa

That is a beauty! And it's complete. Obviously not unopened, but still that would be quite valuable I'm sure. After some quick research seems it's a 1988, but they don't sell often enough to know what a typical used price might be. Your box is ripe for restoration, maybe check out Toy Polloi's box repair videos, lots of good tips on cleaning up, straightening, removing tape, and fixing tears here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B7cZ-9aWtg

Thank you for dropping by! You've inspired me to write an article on Road & Rail, will do that as soon as I can.

UPDATE: Wrote an article on Tyco Road & Rail from 1960s, 1970s, 1980s. They're very rare so hard to find specific information, but this is a decent start I think.  Tyco Road & Rail Set - Review, Valuation, History (tycocollectors.com)

-OzzyMuppet/Admin

drewscruis has reacted to this post.
drewscruis

I'm jhasmal, I just found this site and I'm a big slot car guy. I remember having the Tyco Jeep slot car track, with the red and yellow jeeps. I just started my journey again with collecting. I started my own blog NewRCracer to show what I've been collecting. I'm excited to look around in this forum and see what others are interested in.

Admin

Hi All, I'm Simon and I'm from the UK. I love the 90s Tyco RCs, in particular the 9.6v Wild Thing! I enjoy trying to bring back to life the well used classic Taiyo and Tycos, especially the Heads Up and Turbo Hoppers. Here are just a couple I have restored which have gone on to find grateful new owners. The Nissan truck was a replica of the awesome Taiyo Nissan 4wd truck using the smaller Taiyo Jet Bandit variant.

Uploaded files:
Admin and diavasi484 have reacted to this post.
Admindiavasi484
Page 1 of 2Next